By Anthony Vandagriff
Could the confirmation of the covenant happen in March?
President Obama is making a trip to Israel in March to talk with Prime Minister Netanyahu and Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas. It is said that President Obama will speak with both of them at the same time. It is certain that they will discuss peace negotiations but it is not certain that agreements will be made.
Daniel 9:27 says that the peace treaty will take place with many. He shall confirm the covenant with many for one week. So the Antichrist will be a part of the group who confirms the covenant but that individual will not yet be revealed as the Antichrist. The revealing of the Antichrist will occur at the abomination of desolation.
So is it likely that this meeting between Obama, Netanyahu, and Abbas will be the confirmation of the covenant? Probably not. Could things evolve from this meeting and lead us to the confirmation of the covenant this year? Yes.
One question that you may have is, “If Obama is a part of the confirming of the covenant does that make him the Antichrist?” It makes him a candidate from what Daniel 9:27 says but that is not enough to qualify him for the position of being the Antichrist. The Antichrist must come up among ten kings that will be in the Holy Roman Empire. The Antichrist himself will come up from the Holy Roman Empire.
I know many people have said that President Obama was born in Kenya which was a part of the Holy Roman Empire. Even if that is true it does not meet the qualification of the scripture. I was born in Texas but if I moved to Alaska, got in politics, rose to the top, and eventually became the president of the United States, people would not say that I rose to the position of the President from Texas.
Back to the main point, what is the importance of the confirmation of the covenant? We need to know what this would mean.
If the confirmation of the covenant was confirmed we could expect to see:
- The construction of the 3rd temple. We know there must be a temple because 2 Thessalonians 2:3-4 shows that the Antichrist will sit in the temple of God.
- Animal sacrifices would begin.
- The Antichrist would be revealed 3 ½ years later at the event called the abomination of desolation.
- The great tribulation would begin 3 ½ years later immediately after the abomination of desolation. This is exactly what Jesus taught in Matthew 24:15-21.
- The mark of the beast would shortly be implemented after the reign of the Antichrist began.
- Approximately 7 years after the confirmation of the covenant the Lord will return and rapture His church.
So the confirmation of the covenant will begin our countdown to the second coming and allow us to have a timeline of events, making it a very big event.
Leave a Reply