South Korea said Thursday that it would restart propaganda broadcasts seen as an act of war by North Korea in response to Pyongyangs fourth nuclear test. Seoul also began talks with Washington that could see the arrival of nuclear-powered U.S. aircraft and submarines to the Korean Peninsula.South Koreas presidential office announced that the cross-border broadcasts would start Friday, two days after North Korea claimed to have tested a “miniaturized” hydrogen bomb, a claim that has been disputed by outside governments and experts.The broadcasts are meant to raise questions in North Korean minds about the infallibility of the countrys ruling Kim family. South Korea stopped earlier broadcasts in late August after it agreed with Pyongyang in late August on a package of measures aimed at easing animosities. South Korea had previously said that the broadcasts were just one of many punitive measures Seoul was considering.The announcement came after the White House said the United States, South Korea and Japan had “agreed to work together to forge a united and strong international response to North Koreas latest reckless behavior.”President Barack Obama reaffirmed the “unshakeable U.S. commitment” to the security of South Korea and Japan, according to White House statements describing separate calls between Obama, South Korean President Park Geun-Hye and Prime Minister Shinzo Abe of Japan.South Korean and U.S. military leaders also discussed the deployment of U.S. “strategic assets” in the wake of the Norths test, Seouls Defense Ministry said Thursday.
https://endtime.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/06/endtime-logo.png 0 0 alphatimes https://endtime.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/06/endtime-logo.png alphatimes2016-01-07 00:00:002018-03-28 17:22:21South Korea to restart propaganda broadcasts after North Korean nuclear test