“We have no intention to escalation the situation, but our policy still stands,” he said. “It’s up to the countries that are rushing to hug Iran to know that it was an Iranian commander who sponsored the squad that fired against Israel.”
“The destroying of the squad that fired into Israel yesterday is further proof that we will not tolerate any attempt to disrupt our lives or to harm the security of Israel’s citizens,” Defense Minister Moshe Ya’alon said. “The IDF and the security services will chase whoever tries to do this and will catch them any time, any place.”
Earlier on Friday morning, a Syrian military source said that Israeli air raids on a Syrian army position in the Golan Heights killed one person and wounded seven others.
“The enemy aircraft struck a military position in the area of Quneitra at 11:30 pm (2030 GMT Thursday), martyring one and wounding seven soldiers,” said the source, quoted by the official news agency SANA.
Israel said that it carried out strikes on 14 Syrian army positions in the Syrian sector of the Golan Heights on Thursday night in response to rocket fire.
The Syrian Observatory for Human Rights, a British-based monitoring group that relies on a network of sources in the war-torn country, said two soldiers had been killed and eight wounded.
The Israeli military reported four rockets from Syria hitting the Galilee region of northern Israel and the occupied Golan, in attacks that did not cause any casualties.
There was no claim of responsibility but Israel blamed the Palestinian militant group Islamic Jihad which it said was backed by Iran.
https://www.endtime.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/b2f8610b72e0a472df332a0ab8204f1dcb8aacc6.jpg 338 450 alphatimes https://endtime.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/06/endtime-logo.png alphatimes2015-08-21 00:00:002018-03-28 16:30:40IDF says it destroyed squad that fired rockets at Israel from Syria; five killed