Today’s sustainability indicator, 20 percent, is the drop off in renewable energy investment in the third quarter, over the same period last year. That puts 2012 on track for the first decline in global renewables spending in eight years.
- 74%: Americans who acknowledge “global warming is affecting weather” in the U.S.
- 5 percentage points: increase in climate change beliefs since March.
- 5.8 percent: U.S. electricity needs met by non-hydro renewable energy.
- 3.1 percent: electricity produced by non-hydro renewables in 2008.
- 213: current measure of the UN’s World Food Price Index.